Tuesday 11 September 2012

Seminary


We are on Day 2 of our seminary life....only 8 years to go.

Sunday started with a fireside. Jill was excited and nervous. She got to see who her teacher will be (Michael Murray is his name). She got to see who would be in her class, and she got to hang with friends. They had a number of kids bear their testimony, and then the seminary supervisor and the stake president spoke. Both talks were really terrific. President Thomas talked about how important it was for them to invite and remind their friends to get to seminary. He talked about cows and how when you shoot one in a field the rest hardly even flinch. They look over and basically look like they're saying, "Well, talk to you later." and then they just continue on eating their grass. He said they shouldn't be like that with their friends....when they see them in danger they should all rally and help them return to where they should be.

So, now we leave the house at 6:15. Jill gets dropped off at seminary and I get dropped off at school. Man, do I get a lot done in the mornings (I'm even blogging...see!) Morning swims apparently aren't going to start for a few weeks, so daily seminary it is. It's going to be great!

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I can't believe Jill's in seminary already!!! That's crazy!! HOpe she enjoys it

Anonymous said...

good post, added you to my RSS reader.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.