Here are some excerpts from Jill's emails this week:
She sent a package with a friend who came home from his mission this week. In it there was a flower necklace for me! She said:
- It's special because in the temple here, each room has a theme of a flower in the stained glass and the wall decorations. In the creation room, the theme is that flower. When you wear it you can think of the temple in Paris!
- Sœur Woods (the directors wife) always talks about how because we have this healthy and happy mix of soeurs, we have the power to see the miracles that we want from Heavenly Father.
- I saw that ice cream place on ig!! I'm so jealous you guys went. When I get back!!! We found super good baguette at a store right beside our new apartment! Did I tell you yet that sœur Marteeny and I try a different cheese every week? It's our favorite meal. Just cheese and baguette. This time we had tomme blanc and it's a new favorite!
- That's fun that you went to stake conference with everyone! We were talking about this because a new transfer just started. It's weird to think that one day we won't be seeing the people that we're used to seeing everyday, like this one girl in our ward who was less active and then when I got here she suddenly resurfaced! Her name is Chloé. We're super Bo fed best friends because when I asked her what she wants to do after school, she said she wants to move to Vancouver to be an air Canada flight Attendant! Can you believe that? The last missionaries she didn't even let in, and now we're best friends. It's totally divine design. I can't imagine one day when I'm not in her ward! I'm happy I've stayed in the same secteur my whole mission.
- Also I was looking on family search this week and I read a memory about your Grandma Day and it was so funny! It talked about how she wrote notes at EVERYTHING I wonder if you're such a noté taker because of her.
Bisous, Soeur Ackroyd
More from war museum::
I looked this up. I learned that the French tend to have a propensity to celebrate anything to do with food. They claim to have the best carrots and so it makes sense to have a Carrot Festival!
Peirce and I recently went to the play, Mary Poppins.
I can't help but sing: Feed the birds. Tuppence a bag!
Fraaanch Fries in France!
They have a special missionary Sunday coming up.