Saturday 6 October 2007

Deep, Dark and Dangerous



Jill and I joined a parent-child book club at the library. This month we read Deep, Dark and Dangerous. I read it while we were flying to LA.

Jill thinks it's a great book. Personally, I didn't like it too much. I'm not too fond of stories of ghosts and such. I tell myself that I don't believe in them - but part of me thinks that if you spend too much time on this kind of stuff you might find yourself too involved with them. Makes no sense. I know.

Even the cover is creepy. It has a picture of a girl's face floating in water. In the story the main character finds a photo of her mom and her sister. It's ripped in half and she can tell another person is missing. When she asks her mom about it she gets defensive and withdraws. You can tell something is up. Soon the aunt enters the story and the main character ends up going to the cabin for the summer with her. This is where the ghost appears and brings about trouble in practically all the relationships in the book.

I also found some other blogs that reviewed the book. They both seemed to like it a little more than I did. Also, here's a little info on the author.

No comments: