Wednesday 3 October 2007

It's a Girl!

I went for an ultrasound last week. All along this pregnancy I've been reassuring Allen that this child will be so good - easy to live with, sleep through the night, obedient, and well behaved. Then I went for the ultrasound. They had a hard time getting good images because the baby was moving around so much and it was facing the wrong way. They also couldn't get a good peek to see if it was a girl or boy. When I got home Allen asked how the ultrasound went and I said, "well, we have a little problem - it seems we are expecting another typical Ackroyd child." We had a good laugh over that.

Well I have a connection at the ultrasound clinic. My neighbor and friend works there. She called me Monday and said that since they couldn't get a good 4D image and since they couldn't tell what it was, I could come back for a quick 10 minute visit again and they'd try again.

So I did!! The baby still was facing the wrong way most of the time - but it was a little less busy so they did get a few interesting pictures for me to take home...and they also told me that it is a girl. We're so excited! We would have been just as excited to have a boy - I think we're just excited to know!!

Here is the charming little girl in person! She's got her arm in her face. When you listen very carefully you can hear her say 'Girls Rule!'

(I don't know why the darn picture of the video is so big...can't figure that out....oh well!)

4 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

Congratulations! When are you due?

The Family Called Hyde said...

That is just amazing. It always amazes me to see an ultasound. Grandma and Papa are VERY excited too.

Congratulations to Dawn and Allen and Peirce and Jill even if she is a bit disconcerted because she will have to share her room. Jill, Take it from Grandma. Sisters are wonderful. I have three of them that prove it.
Love
Grandma, Mom, etc.

Dawn said...

Hey Kari - I'm due in February...I'm about half way there now.
Dawn

The Family Called Hyde said...

Christopher said you should name her Dexter...after the monkey.
Ashley say to name her Katheryn or
kiana. Katie.

And I say you should name her
Racheal or Kimberly or sarah or
Shirley heehhehehe. Kelly or Kaylee.