Sunday 23 August 2009

Stake Conference

Today was Stake Conference. I always look forward to the talks by our Stake Presidency. Today our Stake President talked about missions. He talked to the boys that are of mission age and pleaded with them to serve missions.

I sure can stand behind what he said. There is nothing that can compare to a mission. Nothing.

President Thomas got an email from someone about missions that he quoted. One of the comments he read is that this person said that thanks to serving a mission they knew they could do hard things and hardly hesitate when asked to do something difficult.

That's so true!! You spend so much time on a mission doing things that are slightly out of your comfort zone. Well, they're out of the comfort zone of a regular person - but as a missionary it's not that hard (well, some of it isn't that hard)....okay, there's a lot of hard stuff....but somehow missionaries do it - and it's true! Thanks to my mission I'm not afraid to be asked to do hard things.

That's one of many many many reasons I'm glad I went on a mission. I think everyone should do it. Seriously. Everyone.

No comments: