Wednesday 1 February 2012

Turkish Delight and Reading

Our book club book for the Gr 3 book club this month is The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I have been thinking I need to have little mid-month incentives for kids and so I found a recipe for Turkish Delight, the witch's mesmerizing treat. Then, while in Superstore I found some to buy!! Yea!! The recipe seemed a little complicated....just the kind of thing that would take me three tries and three nights of cooking, so I was happy to buy it.

The deal was if they have the book they could come get some Turkish Delight. I am not sure the Turkish Delight was a big hit, but it has created a buzz! Just what I was hoping!

I am really excited about the next book club choices....can't wait to see what they pick! Definitely have some good ideas for mid month incentives!

No comments: