Sunday 6 April 2014

Walking

It's finally spring. It has been a long winter. For me, that has meant no walking. It is time to get back in the swing. From now on, I will walk every day.



One step at a time is good walking.- Chinese proverb
INDIA-10640India
Walking shares with making and working that
crucial element of engagement of the body and the mind with the world,
of knowing the world through the body and the body through the world.
- Rebecca Solnit, Wanderlust: A History of Walking

ITALY-10077Italy
UnitedKingdom-10018_blogUnited Kingdom
There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. 
A fine landscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the right tempo. 
- Paul Scott Mowrer

NEPAL-10029NF2Nepal
TIBET-10253NF2Tibet
FRANCE-10072France
 Solvitur ambulando(To solve a problem, walk around)- St. Jerome
YEMEN-10117, Yemen, 04/1997Yemen
AFGHN-12960Afghanistan
How often have I had this longing for an infinite walk – of going unimpeded,
until the movement of my body as I walk fell into the flight of
streets under my feet – 
until I in my body and the world in its
skin of earth were blended into a single act of knowing.

- Alfred Kazin, The Open Street

BANGLADESH-10002Bangladesh
01585_20_esFrance
CAMBODIA-10089Cambodia
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.- John Muir
ITALY-10486Italy
All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.- Friedrich Nietzche
01006_13_blogItaly
If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walkingAngels whisper to those who walk- Raymond Inmon
DSC_3176_esBrazil
IRELAND-10001 Ireland
 Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. 
Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being …
I have walked myself into my best thoughts, 
and I know of no thought so burdensome that 
one cannot walk away from it. 
- Soren Kierkegaard

BURMA-10564 Burma
Walking is a man’s best medicine.
-Hippocrates

BURMA-10091NFBurma
With beauty before me, may I walkWith beauty behind me, may I walkWith beauty above me, may I walkWith beauty below me, may I walkWith beauty all around me, may I walkWandering on the trail of beauty, may I walkNavajo: Walking Meditation
FRANCE-10056, Lourdes, France, 1988 France
  Walking is the great adventure,the first meditation, a practice of heartiness andsoul primary to humankind.Walking is the exact balance between spirit and humility.- Gary Snyder
BRAZIL-10065

No comments: