Monday 30 June 2014

Sunday Bliss Day 2 of my 51 Days of Summer

Today, was Sunday, so as usual, we went to church.

With everything going on the media with Ordain Women, I really wasn't looking forward to this Sunday. I am not in the ordain women camp, but I really feel for those women who are and really have little patience for people who put them down. There is a lot of shaming and pronouncement about their foolishness and I find all that really disrespectful. I think people should be able to voice their concerns and church is the place to do it - but it doesn't feel like a very safe place to do so. Happily, it didn't come up too much and mostly people were respectful.

In sacrament meeting we had a missionary homecoming. The missionary had served in many of the same areas I was when I was on my mission. Some of his references reminded me of things from my mission days (ice cream!) and it warned my heart to listen to him.

Allen taught the combined lesson the third hour, and I thought he did a great job. I left feeling like I wanted to try to be a little better. I suppose that is what it is all about.

Tonight we visited Allen's mom in the hospital. She just had triple bypass surgery. Scary stuff! 

I also stopped by someone's house to pick up some extra bedding plants they didn't need.  I'm going to try to be a gardener this summer. Wish me luck!

Today I spent some special time with Allen. My favorite part of Sunday is that Alan and I have more time to visit. We usually have a couple hours to just talk about the day and the week and our family. I love that. 


No comments: