Sunday 18 February 2018

11 months post stroke....what am I to see?

11 months ago Allen had his stroke. I never imagined that a year later we'd still be looking for his complete recovery. He is doing much better. Today he went to church for two hours - a far cry from coming for sacrament and then having to go home. He has been working more lately and in many ways is feeling much better, but definitely not 100%

Our lesson in RS today was on Elder Zwick's talk, Lord, Wilt thou cause my eyes to be opened. The teacher, Amber Walton, shared this picture. I thought it totally epitomized my life. I feel like there is something I'm supposed to see and learn from this stroke and the long recovery. I really have learned a lot. I have learned a lot about the brain, to start with. I've learned that I am an emotional eater (I gained 25 pounds when he first had his stroke! Ugh!) I've learned that I have to find my own happy - even when people I love so much are so unhappy. And I'm sure here is much more. I'm sure one day we'll look back and see what we were supposed to see so much better than we are now. One thing is for sure, I've learned to turn and look to Christ for comfort.


No comments: