Friday 9 February 2018

What did I just eat??

Tonight Allen and I went out for dinner. We tried to go to one of our favorite places, Bridges on First. It was closed though! (Rumor has it, the owners are in a spat).

So we went across the street to another place. We didn't sit on the patio:


It was a bar that doesn't really serve meals. I told them I wanted some protein and vegetables - so this was their suggestion:



I didn't know what tartare was...but it sounded good - so I tried it. I kept thinking, "Gee, this stuff sure is red. It looks like raw meat...but it can't be raw meat. It sure looks like raw meat." and I'd tell myself to just not think about it because it tasted pretty good. It was really dark in there so I couldn't really see it well.

Then I went and googled what it was.

It is raw meat!! Ack!!!

No comments: