Monday 14 January 2019

A Week of Miracles

Hi everyone! 

I'm writing to you on the historic p day where I buy pants for missionary work! Woo! 

This week was full of miracles so I want to share some of the best ones with you all.

The first one was when Soeur Olsen and I were running late to an appointment already, and then I forgot my public transportation pass at home! So we missed the bus and had to walk to the train. But since I never forget my pass, I thought that there had to be a reason for it, and there was! On the way to the train we ran into one of the people Soeur Olsen taught in her last area named Lucille! Lucille found the church online and chatted with sisters in our visitors centre! She loved the gospel of Jesus Christ but had lost touch with the missionaries. And now shes moved and lives and works right by the temple! This wasn't a huge miracle, it could even be called a coincidence that we bumped into her. But it taught me that Heavenly Father can take the mistakes we make (such as forgetting something essential at home) and turn it into something good! 

Miracle number two was when some of the missionaries from our district came to the temple with one of the people they're teaching. She has faced lots of opposition from her family as she prepares for baptism. Shes not sure she can overcome it, so the elders brought her to the temple to give her an extra boost of strength. We taught her about the temple and how it gives us strength when we need it. We told her how when we make sacrifices for Heavenly Father, He can change our hearts. He can bring miracles into our lives and make things happen that we couldn't otherwise do on our own. At the end of the tour, we showed her a stained glass window of Jesus Christ that we have in the visitors center. The cool thing about it is no matter where you stand, it looks like Christ is facing you. His feet turn, His eyes follow you. It's so cool! Usually, we use this to teach people that no matter where you are in life, He is with you. But when she looked at it, she said, "This means I need to follow His path." We knew it was the Spirit of God that taught her that. The temple has such a power! It has the power to bring us closer to God, to answer the questions of our souls and to strengthen our families. These blessings are there for all people who want them. Heavenly Father is waiting to share them with you 😊

Two of the other miracles we saw this week were thanks to the efforts of missionaries in the past. We started teaching two people who met with missionaries a long time ago. One of them last talked to the missionaries 8 years ago! They're both so awesome. This gives me a lot of hope for the days where all I've heard is "No. Not interested. No." There's a plan for everyone and I'm so happy to play my part. 

One thing I've been thinking of this week comes from the letter I received about my calling as a missionary. It says something along the lines of "greater joy awaits you as you leave behind all other efforts and serve the Lord." This has been so true this week. We had some hard times, but I'm so happy. I love sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love helping people know their families can be forever. I love the Book of Mormon. If you haven't already, I invite you to learn about how these things can be a part of your life! 

In other news, the new directors of the visitors centre are getting here this week! They're called the Bourroux family. We're so excited to have them. And I drove on the Champs Elysees for the first time! It went super well! 

I hope you all are having a great week! Hope to hear from you soon!



No comments: