Sunday 31 March 2019

Spring Break in Kelowna

We had a really fun week last week. We went to Kelowna - all three of us! Allen wanted to stay in a hotel instead of at Neil's so we decided to stay at the motel my parents bought when I was 12. It was so fun to be there! It isn't a super fancy place, but still nice. Allen could have plenty of resting time. There were good places to walk Frankie and Chico and there is lots to do there. I really loved just being around and seeing the maid carts and people cleaning the pool and everything else that is such a strong memory for me. I even snuck into the laundry room to snap a picture. LOL I bet not too many guests do that! There's a lot to do there: a sand volleyball court, indoor and outdoor pool, bar-b-ques you can use, shuffle board, ping pong tables, exercise room and lots and lots of grass space. There's lots to do. It would be a great place for a family reunion.

On the way home we ended up staying a night in Revelstoke. 44 km out of Revelstoke there was a truck that was on it's side perfectly covering both lanes. Allen got out and took Frankie for a little walk and saw that it was a big deal to fix so he figured we should turn around and go have dinner in Revelstoke. We asked the guy in the pizza restaurant (who was a hilarious French guy) what he thought about the situation and he said, "Friends, you are what we say, 'Revelstuck'!" LOL There's a twitter account you can get info about BC roads on and they had updates. The time it was estimated to be fixed up got pushed back and pushed back. We ended up deciding to get a hotel and get a good night's sleep, which was great. In the end, it turned out the road opened up at 11:00 pm, so we were glad we didn't try to wait it out. It's a good 4-5 hours from Revelstoke to Calgary, so that would have been a really late night.

Funny thing was when we were in Kelowna, I thought a few times that I should do a load of laundry in the laundry facilities they have for guests. I didn't though. When we were stuck in Revelstoke I wondered if that was a prompting because I sure would have been more comfortable with some clean laundry! Things that make you go hmmm....



The motel my parents bought when I was 12:
 We used to have SO much fine driving around in those golf carts. Oh boy! 
You can do some mean donuts in a golf cart.
 The sauna was locked up.
I used to do my homework in there.

 The indoor pool. They still clean it with a long stick.

 This was our house! They rent it out now.
They all reorganized the room numbers.
I had hoped we could stay in 314 (which was the room by my bedroom)
and we got put in 315!
Our house used to be 313. Now it is 301.

 The outdoor pool. Closed for a while yet.

 Resting time!

 Our house in Black Mountain. It's a weird pink color now.

 I had to sneak in and take a picture in the laundry room. 
That was my favorite place to work.

 I filled up and pushed those suckers around a lot!

 There goes the golf cart!

A map of the grounds of the motel.

 Peirce and I went to the Kangaroo Farm:
 They have a bunch of exotic birds.
 I love capybaras!
 Laid back friends
 An Abe emu
Selfies with a kangaroo 
 The second motel my parents bought in Kelowna. 
It used to be called The InnTowner. Now it's a funky place called Hotel Zed.
 The pool at Hotel Zed. I used to hang out at the pool with my friends a lot.
 The second motel my parents bought. Now it's called Hotel Zed. Funky place!
 French Cultural Center in Kelowna...aka as a stamp for Peirce's school passport!
Frankie doesn't love car travel. He is actually holding on for dear life most of the time. 

Pizza place in Revelstoke waiting for the road to clear. 
Um, apparently, I didn't notice Allen's sunglasses on the seat and sat on them. Oops! 
The beautiful morning sun in Revelstoke. Ahhhh!!! Good for the soul. 
There's the truck that was across the road. 
They must have just dumped it in the ditch to clean it up quickly.


No comments: