Monday 11 March 2019

Hi Everyone!

I hope that you're having a great week! I just wanted to share a few miracles and experiences from the past few weeks that have taught me a lot and helped me to grow my testimony of Jesus Christ. I feel kind of bad for not writing an email every week.. There's a lot to be doing in Paris these days! 

This week we set up a special Book of Mormon table with the elders and a member of our ward to share the Book of Mormon with people in our area for free. We gave away so many in just a couple hours! It was a pretty simple thing but I loved being able to talk about the Book of Mormon with so many curious people and testify to them that by reading it they would get closer to Jesus Christ and that He'd change them and their hearts. I know that that book is true and I love it!

We had another really awesome experience last week that helped me see how music can be a powerful influence in God's work. We had a first lesson with this lady that the missionaries here had met in the past. We met with her in a park and decided to start with a song! As we were singing - this man noticed us and walked over. He asked us if we were talking about Jesus and if he could join us! We were so happy to say yes to both of those questions! He loved what he heard and we set  up another appointment with him the next week! I'm so glad that we sang that song. I know that music invites the spirit of God and that that's what made our new friend want to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a cool geneology/family history miracle a couple weeks ago too! This one sister that we've been working with for a while, she happened to walk past the new family history centre in Paris and so she asked us about it later. We took her there and showed her how she could get her own account on Family Search and how she could look at her tree. When she looked at it, it already had a lot in it because her family members had filled some things out already. She found a picture of her ancestors and just looked at it for so long. You could just see her heart becoming connected to those people. It was especially meaningful for us to be able to share this with her because she doesn't have very good relationships with her family. She kept saying how she loved those people even if she'd never met them in this life. We testified to her how these people are in the spirit world and they are watching out for her. They love her. They wil all get to see each other again one day! I know that God's loves families. I'm so grateful for geneology and family history that allows us to understand God's love and His plan for us.

I think that that's all for now! Hope to hear from you all! Have a great week/month/undetermined amount of time until I write next. 

Soeur Ackroyd



No comments: