Friday 3 January 2020

Finally FLYing

FLY stands for "finally loving yourself".

I've been a FLY Lady fan for years. I embrace the morning routine and evening routine idea. She was my inspiration for doing a load of laundry every day. It has changed everything. Just one small load a day, washed, dried and put away...it's easy! I keep my sink pretty shiny. I also love the zone idea - you focus on one zone a week. However, I'm not so good at staying focused. As a result, when I have time off work, I always have these grandiose plans that I will spend an HOUR a day working on my house. The truth is, however, I really don't want to spend an hour a day when I'm off doing stuff like that. The first day is usually fine, but then I get bored and think, "Meh, it doesn't look that bad around here."

This year, I'm recommitting to just 15 minutes a day. On Saturdays I will do the "home blessing house" where I clean the bathrooms, dust and vacuum the whole house in hopefully an hour or less. On the other days, I will do 15 minutes in each zone. I've been working on the Living Room this week. Last night I polished up the piano, put away some decorations and just generally tidied up. Everytime I walk by the Living Room I smile at how lovely the piano looks! Today I vacuumed under the cushions of the couch and chairs. What a difference!

I'm pretty excited about this. I think I can keep this commitment.


No comments: