Tuesday 1 May 2007

The Long Awaited Party

Well, we finally did it - we had the party.

For some reason Peirce hasn't had birthday parties quite the same as Jill. There's a couple reasons I think. One is the second child syndrome. The other is he has been a much more reserved character than Jill. The past year or year and a half though he's become much more social...and he LOVES playing with friends....which is what we mostly did for this party. I didn't plan too much. We had a simple craft and we had food. We played Dog Dog Cat (i.e. Duck Duck Goose)...but other than that we mostly just rolled with whatever they were interested in.

First order of business: playing outside on the trampoline and swing set!




Then we played inside and we ate.
















This is the puppy cake I made! I think I'm getting better at this cake thing. A lot of people make much prettier and fancier cakes - but I'm kind of partial to these simple ones.



With six little boys there were a few clashes - and everyone had their turn to pout or have a little cry...even Peirce.



Here are all the boys in the puppy ears I made...well almost everyone in the puppy ears...a few went missing for a while (did I mention it was slightly chaotic at times??!) I tried to line them up nicely and take a lovely picture. Have you ever tried to herd fish?? Impossible!! This was as good as it got:










At the end of the party we were going to go out front and do sidewalk chalk - but that soon got changed to a lady bug hunt! For some reason our lawn is absolutely full of ladybugs - and the boys had a great time finding them! They probably had 50 or more ladybugs in the jar by the time we were finished. I wish I had had jars for everyone so they could each fill their own jar! In the last picture, if you can see it well enough - you can tell there are tons of lady bugs all over those pine cones.













This is where I should have a picture of me sleeping. I was ABSOLUTELY wiped by the end of it all. Peirce had a great time - so it was worth it. He got all the things he had been asking for too: a piggy bank, dominoes, a slip and slide and a very cool spiderman thing (I'm sure he could describe it much better than that!).

I was never too sure about little boys...but I've decided that I quite like them. One thing I love about these pictures is the close up ones where you can see just how dirty their hands are and all the scrapes and scratches from previous days. (Click on the picture to see an enlarged version)

We had a great time today. Little boys are a riot!

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

How Fun!! Happy Birthday Pierce! You're a brave woman to have that many little boys over. Although, I think that many girls would be even harder... Looks like it went over great though. Nice job on the cake - it's so cute!