Thursday 10 February 2011

And sometimes they teach us.....

Sometimes I am humbled to be my kid's mom. They teach me a lot.

A few weeks ago at a swim meet I was feeling bad for Jill that she had to miss out on everything on Sunday. Way back we decided she wouldn't swim on Sundays. At the end of the races on Saturday at the last meet I said to her, "Sometimes I think you should swim Sundays." In that moment, if she would have said, "Me too mom!" we would have stayed. Instead she looked at me and said, "Why?" I explained that it just is fun and maybe having more chances to race would be a good thing. She just looked at me in a puzzled way and said, "Oh mom, you know that would never work."

She's right. Thanks for reminding me Jill!

Then a while ago I was shopping. I ran across some purple shoes that were a great deal. However, I didn't know what size I should get - so I didn't buy any. On Sunday we were driving to church when I remembered. It turned out that Jill does wear the size of shoes they had there. I mentioned that maybe we should stop by there after church and snap them up because there was only one pair left. Both Jill and Peirce exclaimed, "Mom!!!"

Enough said.

They're so good.
Maybe that's why I get to be their mom.

No comments: