Monday 23 April 2012

Splurch Academy by Julie Gardner Berry and Sally Faye Gardner

I don't know if it's from working in primary where we had so many boys in our senior primary, or having my own 9 year old boy, or the delightful little boys at school - but I really get a kick out of little boy humor - and this book really fits the bill for that. It reminds me of The Fourth Stall - kids living a life where it seems like it's adults against the kids...and the adults are usually villians.

This is about a boy who ends up being sent away to a boarding school. He uncovers a secret: the people running the boarding school are actually monsters...no really. Monsters!!

The great thing is, it's a series. There are more Splurch Academy for Disruptive Boys books.

I wish I would have thought of it.

No comments: