Friday 8 November 2013

Lawrence Hill, Author Visits Calgary

Last year, in book club, we read The Book of Negroes. It is an amazing story. Check out my blog post about it.

This year for OBOC (that's nerdy reading people lingo for One Book One Calgary) chose The Book of Negroes for their book. Tonight they had a lecture by the author and I got to go! Even better, I went with a friend! It was so interesting to listen to him. I'm always fascinated by authors. I find them to be curiously smart and great with language.



"I wrote the book to remind us of our own history...and to celebrate the resilience of the human spirit." ~Lawrence Hill

"Blood fills our imagination just as surely as it fills our veins" ~Lawrence Hill

They even had a cool band start off the night:

Embedded image permalink






No comments: