Saturday 18 October 2014

Celebrate!

I am going to try to start blogging once a week about something I want to celebrate. The idea came from Ruth Ayres blog. She is a writer.


This week I am celebrating that we are practically two months into school and swimming and I am handling it. I am the designated driver for Jill this year. She has swim practice three mornings a week at 5:30 am (well, and Saturdays at 7 am) as well as seminary at 6:30 am on Wednesdays and Fridays. I made an attempt at this before and it became clear that I really couldn't handle it. Allen ended up taking over - but he ended up doing so much driving it cut into his time to be able to work and do effective appointments. So this year I resolved again to do it. It is working better this year. And I sure enjoy a nap on Sundays!! 

I have been teaching again for almost five years now. I finally feel like I am taking things in stride rather than drowning. For the first few years I was really quite overwhelmed. Perhaps it is because I have been teaching the same grade for three years now. I know the stories we typically read. I am more familiar with science and social studies units. And I am getting better at classroom management. I feel like I am starting to get kids more. I am able to be with them and think about them in a deeper way than I could in the past. I am enjoying being able to handle all that and still work on my own professional growth. I still enjoy teaching and am grateful to be able to do it!

No comments: