Tuesday 13 October 2015

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We had the option of going to a big family dinner in Lethbridge, but we opted for a quieter day at home. It was wonderful to have some time to clean house, prepare a great meal, and enjoy each other's company.


I'm sure grateful for my family. I love my husband deeply and am grateful for so many things about him. He is smart and kind and hardworking. He leads our family with confidence and with power that I'm grateful for.

I'm grateful for Jill. She is a bright light in each day. She's positive and happy and sees the best in everyone. 

I'm grateful for Peirce. He has grown so much this past year it's astounding. He's taller than me now and I think the gap will only increase. He is a good kid and while he enjoys his friends immensely, he also loves to have quiet time - he's a guy after my own heart!

Our newest member of the family is Bobby. I was a little nervous to become a guardian to another child, but he has made it easy. He works very hard at school. I can't imagine going to a new country and living with a strange family at such a young age. He's very brave and is working hard at his goals.

I did a gratitude challenge years ago, and I've decided, to prepare for our upcoming RS activity, I will try it again. I'm going to focus on all I'm grateful this week and I will blog about it.



No comments: