Friday 8 June 2018

Blessed by Technology

I woke up this morning thinking about Jill. In the MTC, Friday was her P-Day so we would normally get an email today. When I looked at my phone, I had a text from someone who was vacationing in Paris (interestingly, his name was Joseph Smith!) and he and his wife texted a picture to us.

During the rest of the day, text messages have gone back and forth between all the moms of these girls and Joseph Smith. Here's what I learned:


  • Katie Smith is the lady in the middle. Apparently, she served a mission in Ontario, Canada! She is married to Joseph Smith, who is Joseph Fielding Smith's great grandson.
  • The redhead is Soeur Olsen. She is from Utah
  • The one with the bicycles is Soeur Hannah Marteeny and she is from Oregon
  • Soeur Arnott is in the patterned shirt

Joseph Smith said they're happy and enjoying what they're doing.

I was happy to see Jill has her tablet. I guess she can use it after all!

Technology is a great thing!! So grateful to have received this text today.

1 comment:

Carmen Letourneau said...

Thanks for sharing this. Isn't it amazing how many people run into Jill while she is away and then tell you about it!? Love it!