Monday 18 June 2018

Week 2 in France

Some of the latest from Jill's emails this week:


  • I was thinking about how we as a family are always on each other's team. It seems kind of like a little thing but, knowing that I have people supporting me in the things I do makes a big difference. I really appreciate having you on team Jill and I hope that my missionary service blesses team dad! 

  • I used to eat out so often as a flight attendant so that's pretty different about mission life! Like maybe once a month? I personally think that's the funniest part of visiting a new place! We do this thing that's close enough though. It's called French Friday. And if you get thought the whole day speaking French in the apartment and in meetings and everything, you can go buy pastry!  I put a photo of my latest one in here! 





  • I literally laughed so hard at the dead Gopher that you sent hahaha! I still feel like him sometimes when I go to sleep! Sister Marteeny always says "earn your pillow" and we really do!! We spend half our day in the visitors centre, which is half online, half welcoming guests. And then there's five wards around the temple so we spend the other half proselyting in one of those. Ours is Chesnay, so the temple ward! 


  • I love that whole day in the mornings feeling!! We're like that too! We run everyday! I lost 3 kgs haha! And then there's the fact that we definitely don't eat as much as in the MTC! We cook all our meals every day in the morning to pack them for the VC.. so we made lots of good things that aren't as good later!  One highlight from this week was my first quiche! A low light was we made those little baked egg things but I forgot to grease the pan so it took us LITERALLY three days to scrub them clean. But it's so fun to on p day to plan our whole week of meals and make a grocery list... one of the best parts of missionary work is PLANNING! I LOVE IT 


  • Sister Woods, visitors centre director, told us a really beautiful story about when they were presiding over the Louisiana mission. Their daughter got married six week before they left! But then when they were gone the daughter found out that her husband had been hiding an addiction for 10 years! There's a huge long story attached but the important part is that when she wanted to go home and take care of her daughter, the brethren said no. That was really hard for her but the spirit told her "if you go to her, you will be the blessing. But if you stay in Louisiana, I can bless her how I want to." So I'm hoping that Heavenly Father blesses you and Dad and Peirce in the best way possible while I'm out here! 


  • We live near the visitors centre, with another companionship. There are lots of dog walkers in this neighborhood so I always stop them, pet their dogs and call it contacting. Yesterday we met the CUTEST blood hound who was so bored while we talked to his owner that he like fell asleep on the sidewalk haha! 


  • The French is going well! There's another sister in our apartment from France and so I have the occasional word that sounds super Quebecois, she always is like noooo soeur! 


  • Facebook proselyting is cool! We don't have that much time to use it so the guidelines aren't that hard. It's pretty flexible, just do things that help you accomplish your purpose! 


No comments: