Monday 2 July 2018

Week?? 4?? Already

Here is Jill's email for this week. One thing that has changed lately with missionaries is they no longer refer to people they are teaching as 'investigators'. In France, they called them their "amies" or friends. Another thing I recently learned is that new missionaries aren't green there, they're blue! Not sure why.

FYI: Jill's letter talks about a picture of a scary baby....but there wasn't one attached.

Jill has now been out for 49 days. 8% of her mission is finished! Maybe week 4 means Week 4 in France? Not sure. She has been gone for six weeks. We are sure proud of her and LOVE getting her emails.

Hi! Bonjour! Hola! Happy Canada Day!

My apologies for not emailing last week....P-day got a little wild!! But that just means this week's email will be that much more fantastic.

I'll start with a little update on some of the friends we are teaching! We have one Friend who loves the temple SO MUCH that he comes to visit us almost every day!! He's amazing. He's a photographer, just like my brother! He had a baptismal date but his elderly mother isn't super into the idea of him getting baptized again so that's postponed for now.

We have an awesome guy who works at the Versailles castle! He took the sisters on a private tour the week before I got here so I was kind of bummed about that! But he said he can hook us up with ice cream. 🤙His birthday was this week so we made him a cake and had an awesome celebration before the fireside!

We have a friend from Haiti that we're teaching!! How cool is that? Heavenly Father is really giving us all we need to bring the gospel to the world! 

The BYU folk dancers are performing in France this week so they started off with an awesome fireside in Versailles. They played so much cool music, including a song with a banjo?? So that was different???

I'm not that sad about having Christmas away from home because I've done it before... But Canada day??? My district is half Canadians so we celebrated just a little bit with pancakes! It made me feel like I was at home at the Hawryluks annual pancake breakfast! 

I feel like I should explain this creepy baby picture. We have this awesome family history Centre at the temple and we can make that glass wall frosted or clear. We went in there to have some privacy to eat lunch and then this little guy popped up! Pretty freaky at first!

Elder Woods gave us an awesome training about that family history room... So to prepare for it he asked us to find a family history story to share! It was so amazing to see how my family lived! When we know more about our families, we know ourselves better! We're more well equipped to get through hard times and to enjoy good times!! I'll make my invitation for the week to learn a new story about your family! I learned about how my family joined the church back in the day, they're all such faithful people and it was exactly the boost I needed this week. Enjoy!! 


Miss you all ❤️ Have a great week!!Soeur Ackroyd 




No comments: