Tuesday 11 September 2018

La rentrée (The Start of the School Year)

I don't know why Jill's P-Day gets changed to Tuesday so often. I will have to ask her that! On Mondays I refresh and check email about 80 times an hour until about 11 am when I despair over realizing it's too late in France and she won't be writing that day.

Glad to have received an email today!

Bonjour à tous et à toutes!  (Hello to all!)

I know you must all be SO concerned because I haven't emailed yet this week, but my preparation day got changed to Tuesday! So there's no more need to worry 😉

Miracle of the week: We have an awesome family in our ward who told us their daughter wants to be taught! The mom wasn't a member until a few years ago, so when their children were young they agreed to let them decide on their own religion. So now, their daughter has come to the decision that she wants to be baptized! She's 22 and she's about to start working at the lush right by the temple. Basically, she's every sister missionary's dream! To help her prepare for her baptism, we made a calendar with the lessons she'll need to learn, when her interview and baptism will be. etc. When we handed it to her, she said, "I didn't tell you my birthday, did I?" and we were like... "no..." but we had just happened to pick her birthday for her baptism! Her parents both started to cry and everyone didn't want to speak. Even though it seems like a small thing, it was just what Christelle needed to see how God loves her and cares about all the aspects of her life.

We're so excited to teach her, and all the awesome new people we're meeting and finding. We even have a new Ami who was referred to us from Mormon.org, which is super cool because one of the things we do at the temple is send Mormon.Org referrals to missionaries all over the world! If someone requests a free Bible or Book of Mormon we send the missionaries to drop it off, so it was cool to receive one and have her be so interested in learning more!

Our cheese of the week was Bethamale and I do NOT recommend it.

Another fun thing we did this week was go to the birthday party for the younger brother of two little girls that we're teaching! It was so fun! We sang happy birthday in French, English and Portuguese!

And a fun new French expression for you -« faire la crêpe » means to flip over while you're tanning, or literally, to make like a crêpe. 

That's all for now, hope you're having a great week and enjoying back to school time as much as I am! 

Bisous, 
Soeur Ackroyd


I wonder if there are enough museums that they could visit a museum every P-day. This P-Day's photos are from Musée D'Orsay. 

 (I did a little googling on this museum and I think I've found some info on the works she has pictures of....or I could be totally wrong. Who knows!)
 Selfie statues....aka ladies way ahead of their time

 Deux Fillettes (Vincent Van Gogh)



 Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh

Hercules the Archer Killing the Stymphalian Birds



Les dindons (Monet)

No comments: