Friday 23 February 2007

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Ackroyd Family Is Growing!

Yup! That's for sure!

We got a dog tonight!

I'd post a picture - but my camera battery seems to be dead.

The dog is a chihuahua. He's soooo tiny!! He's all white with little brown spots over his ears and he has a black patch over his eye. I think we should name him Patch but the rest of the family is opting for Spike (I know...dumb)

And don't tell anyone....but I think I could like this dog.

The whole thing reminded me of how mom says they ended up buying the motel in Kelowna. My dad wanted to do it for quite a while but mom was holding back. When she finally decided maybe it would be okay to venture into that business everything fell into place lickety split.

My family has been lobbying for a dog for YEARS. As a matter of fact, Allen has been lobbying for a dog since we got married. I always told him that when we had a baby we could get a dog. Well, I've put it off for 8 years now....and so now I finally lived up to my end of the deal. :0) Allen was telling me today that we had some extra money and what should we do with it. I brought up that perhaps we should get a dog. Within the hour he had found one and right after dinner he and Jill left to go pick it up. Silly me.

My favorite quote of the day on this topic came from Jill. Allen said when they were driving home Jill said, "What are we going to talk about now?" "What do you mean, Jill?" Allen says. "Well," responds Jill, "we've been talking about getting a dog for so long and we talk about it all the time - now that we have one we can't talk about that anymore!"

LOL Somehow I don't think that'll be a problem.

No comments: