Sunday 25 February 2007

Size 12?!

Today when I was getting ready for church I was having trouble figuring out what to wear so I pulled some clothes down off the top shelf of the closet and tried a few things on. I put a blouse on that was too small before and today it fit perfectly! It was so cute too! I was marveling at myself in the mirror and asked Allen to check the tag and tell me what size it was...and he said it said '12' on it.

The funny thing is - I thought he was lying! I seriously wore that blouse all day and figured it couldn't really be a 12. Then when I changed out of my church clothes I looked and sure enough - it was a 12!

I think I must be one of those people who loses weight and doesn't see it in the mirror. I still have 1X shirts I'm wearing! I guess it's time to get rid of those so I can really start believing that I've lost weight - and that my body really has changed.

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats! that's awesome. It's kinda like with the post baby weight. I feel like I'll never fit anything again, then I try something in the closet and low and behold - it fits! Gotta love that!! Keep up the good job!!
How's life with a puppy? My kids are dying to get a dog and I keep saying "maybe after daddy's done school". I just hope they don't hold me to it!!
Good Luck!!