Saturday 10 February 2007

Sweetheart's Ball

Tonight Allen and I went to the Sweetheart's ball that our stake puts on. They've been doing this for a number of years but we have never gone until now. Even this year we didn't go because we wanted to go so badly. I just felt like as the Activities Committee Chair I should try and support the stake activities. Well, let me tell you, we were pleasantly surprised! First off, I was astounded at the number of peace that attended! Who knew??! We had dinner and then Brandon Oberhammer's Big Band played. There were really good! I had visions of people dancing in couples to swing music all night long - but it wasn't like that. They played quite a lot of songs that I was very familiar with. We had a great time visiting with friends and dancing up a storm together. I really enjoy dancing with Allen. It was a ton of fun! Not only that, after some crazy dancing with a bunch of other friends from the ward I think I've found some good potential "talent" ideas for our upcoming ward talent show! Nothing like a bunch of RS women lip-synching to 'It's Raining Men' or some Pointer Sisters song! LOL

...then to top it off, when we came home to our babysitter who was babysitting for the first time I discovered he had cleaned up toys and just generally tidied up the family room! It's been so long since we've had a babysitter do that! Yea!! That boy will get to baby sit again!

No comments: