Wednesday 21 March 2007

Ah...the things I love

Tonight was a fun night. I had a bunch of friends over and we visited and made a little baby quilt for one of the friends. I was quite proud of myself because I got all the supplies or it, got everything prepared and even got the thing set up on the quilt stand. I've got my Grandmother's quilt stand that I assume my Grandpa made. I think I'd like to do that more often. In preparing for this night I went to a store called Freckles. Oh the fabric!! It is a really beautiful store with so many cotton prints it is just amazing. They have classes and they display quilts all over the store that you can make. It was so inspiring! I really love to sew - but I never do it. I think I need to figure out some way to fit more of that into my life. I find it a great source of self-renewal. It's good for my soul to sew, I think! I've never really given up the habit of buying fabric. I think perhaps I might have to get downstairs and do something with that fabric I've been buying the last few years. LOL (I always tell my husband not to worry about me buying fabric. At least it's cheaper than some other forms of therapy!)

No comments: