Saturday 10 March 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

Time flies! We've been busy lately and every day I tell myself I'm going to update my blog. I have a ton of things I need to be doing today - but I decided I'd stop and pop in here for a minute.

Allen's brother was here last week for a couple of interviews. We're sure hoping he snags a job here in Calgary. I think he'll know if he has an offer in the next week or so. Keeping our fingers crossed!

I tried to give blood today. I haven't given blood since 2004. I tried to give blood then and they said my heartbeat was irregular - so I had to go get a bunch of tests done. Bottom line: nothing was wrong with my heart. However, it took me 3 years to get back to a blood donor clinic! Today they had one at our church so I made an appointment to donate. I dutifully brought the form with me that shows that nothing is wrong with my heart. However, they wouldn't let me donate today because their doctor has to review the form. Oh well!

I've got a big project I'm working on right now - and it's slow and painful. The project is for mystery shops at an optical store. The shoppers have to get an eye exam - which seems to be the show stopper. If they could just go in with a current prescription it seems it would work better. The client is meeting with the optical store head office today to try and find ways to improve the project and make it more attractive to shoppers. I sure hope they can get some changes made! Last month was my lowest income month ever since starting this job. Not good!

We just had a student go home. Her name was Shiho (pronounced "she-ho") and she was here for 3 weeks. We quite enjoyed haveing her here. It's amazing how with some students it can all be so great....and with others it can be terrible. I really didn't enjoy the student we had stay with us previous to Shiho and I was thinking that perhaps we'd had enough of being a host family. However, my faith is renewed after having Shiho here. Perhaps we will do it again! As a matter of fact, another student is coming next Saturday for two weeks. I hope it goes as well!

I took the kids for a walk this morning through Nose Creek park and we brought the dog along as well. Jill rode her bike and loved it. Peirce rode his tricycle. He has a two-wheeler with training wheels, but he prefers the tricycle. I am hoping this Spring he decides the bike is okay as he's not too fast on the tricycle. I end up carrying it over rocky parts, up hills and across streets (and whenever else he can con me into carrying it). Good old Chico wasn't much into the walk. He walked for less than 5 minutes and then was always getting tangled in my feet because he wanted to be picked up. Now and then the kids would get off the path and run up a hill by the path and Chico would get all upset and whimper and bark at them. Crazy dog. We're going to have to toughen the little guy up a bit!

Today we're having a regular and quiet Saturday. I love Saturdays like this: a little exercise, a little housecleaning, a little work, and some quiet time too. The sun is shining and it's quite warm. I'm LOVING Spring!

No comments: