Sunday 18 March 2007

Changes


I'm so excited! Today we met with the Bishop just before Sacrament meeting and he released me from my calling as Ward Activities Chair I've been ready for a change for a while. I figured back in the fall when they asked Allen to be the Elders Quorum President that my days were numbered - but it took a little longer than I anticipated it would.

I've actually had this calling for going on six years now. Six years! Six Stampede Breakfasts, six ward corn busts, six Trunk of Treat parties (or is it Trick or Trunk....I still don't have that figured out) and most overwhelming of all for me, six ward Christmas parties. So glad to be finished with that!!

I actually knew that this was coming as the ward secretary guy that makes the appointments for the Bishop called and he had initially set up a time for us to meet with him on Thursday - but that didn't work out. Saturday I had a dream that I went in and the Bishop asked me to do six different callings. I dutifully said yes and then went home and cried for days. I had this bad feeling it was an omen or a warning of something that was to come! So anyway, we went in there and he asked me to serve as the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. I wait to see if there was anything else...and there wasn't!! Yea!! That was it! Just one calling! LOL

I'm excited about this calling. I have a testimony of visiting teaching. I've also had a real desire lately to find a way to help unify our ward - and this might just be a good way to work on that! Time will tell. From Allen's experience as Elder's Quorum President I've learned that home teaching stats are pitiful in our ward. Hopefully visiting teaching isn't quite as bad. We'll see I guess!

2 comments:

ElwoodCity, Ph.D. said...

Congratulations. Six years is a long time! I've never had a calling for more than two.

Marvelle Noble said...

I also have a testimony of VT. I do my VT from down here by writing my ladies once a month. I give them the lesson and tell of one of my experiences with the lesson. I love going to see my ladies and will be able to do that again soon. Next year we are going to a regular ward as our Seniors Ward no longer has two hour meetings.


All I can say is VT is the best way the church has (not counting HT) for keeping tabs on us all.

love Auntie Belle