Friday 13 April 2007

Friday the 13th is Not So Unlucky After All!

We made it!! Allen went yesterday and got his new driver's lisence. We actually made it through 30 days of him not having a lisence. I am especially proud of him for getting through it all without being mad or discouraged or anything like that. He just made do and did the best he could.

Yesterday he went for a walk with Peirce over to the registry office near us and when he came home he let me know he had his lisence again. And now he's back at it! Last night he drove to Lethbridge/Raymond to do a bunch of things that people there have been waiting on.

For this trip Allen took Peirce with him. Peirce is really a reluctant traveler. One minute he's going, then he decides he'd rather stay home with me. I pretty much made him go in the end. He's having a wonderful time though. Last night they stayed at Nana and Grandpa's. He had fun visiting at the stops along the way. At Nana and Grandpa's he especially enjoyed having nerf gun wars. Then he got to have a "sleep-over" with daddy. Apparently today he is hanging out with Zane at Auntie Carmen's. I'm sure he's having a GREAT time!

As for me - my day has been BLISS! Jill slept in this morning and almost missed the bus - but we rushed around to make sure she made it...and then I skipped all the way home and spent the whole day all ALONE. I didn't even go to the gym. I wanted to be able to enjoy an entire day all to myself in peace and quiet - and I couldn't quite bear to miss out on any of the potential time alone. Something funny has happened to me as I've become old (older?). I can't stand rides at the midway. Especially anything that spins! I can't even look at a spinning ride. I'm not quite as afraid of snakes as I used to be (I can't look at them now...although I've still never touched one and DO NOT want to)...and I LOVE being alone. I used to totally thrive on the having people around...kind of like Jill does. I loved having roommates that were lots of fun. I loved having people over. When I was teaching I seemed to live for the craziness of a classroom. However, since having my own kids I LOVE being alone. As I was looking around and admiring my newly cleaned house today I wished I had two more days of this!

I suppose one day I'll long for the days of having noisy little people around.

I can't quite imagine that though.

No comments: