Monday 2 April 2007

Is it almost over???

Well, we're one day into our Spring Break - and if it doesn't end soon someone could die!!

Just kidding (kind of)

I sure wish we had better weather though. It would be much nicer if they could go outside and play ALL afternoon.

I really do like being a mother. And I really do like my kids - on most days. (At least that is what I keep repeating to myself again and again) But some days I sure do tire of it all! This picture shows how much I enjoy it sometimes:




(Sometimes I good laugh is just the thing I need!)

Anyway, Peirce got two punishments for not listening. My least favorite moments in parenting are when you tell a kid to do something and they totally ignore you and do the exact opposite. I hate that!! That was where Peirce found himself today. After the first one he got to choose his punishment: no more playing with the dog for the rest of the day. Sounded great to me. Right after that I asked him to go get his shoes on so we could go pick Daddy up from the office. I went down to put my shoes on - and he went and played on the computer. Argh!! Down came punishment #2: no more TV today. If the day hadn't gone like that all along the way things might not have seemed so bad - but for me it was too much.

I never did believe that stuff when people would say "this is going to hurt me more than it is going to hurt you". I do know it's true though. It sure would be easier to ignore those things and not have to deal with it.

Oh well. Such is the life of a parent I guess.

Luckily Jill's astute enough to realize when these moments start happening that it's in her best interest to lay low and be extra good.

Tonight a friend called with a great idea - and news that made me feel much better about my life with my kids. It seems a bunch of other mom's in the ward are feeling tired of being in the house with their kids too and so they decided to do something about it. We're having a little Easter party on wednesday at the church for kids. It will be fun. We're going to do crafts and paint eggs and stuffl like that - which sounds perfect to me because then I can avoid having to paint eggs at home! Yea!! (I'm such a party pooper sometimes)

I think if this darn snow would QUIT alot of things would change for the better!! Today I told the kids I'd had it and we were going to move to Arizona. Peirce cried and said he didn't want to move. Jill asked if they have French schools there and I told her I didn't think so - and so she aws adamant too that we weren't moving. I guess we'll stay a little while longer. :)

That being said....tonight things went much better. Peirce knew he had crossed the line and he was just as good as gold for the rest of the night. Jill taught the FHE lesson tonight and gave a report on what she learned from Conference - and it was heartwarming to watch her give the lesson.

I guess I won't quit this motherhood thing just yet.

No comments: