Monday 10 December 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


Soeur Ackroyd and Soeur Ethington
 
Here are some excerpts from Jill's letter this week:
 
On Christmas is coming quickly:
 
It sure is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I feel like it kind of snuck up. Soeur Ethingtons birthday is on the 20th and that makes me think of the shortest day or the year... But the longest day of the year wasn't that long ago either! 

So for Christmas, we're still working out the schedule in the VC for skyping. I hope that it's all going to work out smoothly, I'm a little concerned because our dinner appointment got changed and I'm not what is going on. But I'm really excited to talk to you. President was us to keep it 30 to 40 minutes.

On learning and studying:

I don't remember you telling me about your Heaven Journaling from the summer... Sounds fun though! Sounds like missionary study time. It's such a spiritual feast every time. When I was reading about you being a wide open mouthed drinker, it made me smile. I love that you have such a desire to know and to learn. How do you think that applied when you were first deciding for yourself if the church is true?

So funny that you talked about eating meat. We have and ami who's mother in law is a long time member, and she always told her that she wasn't allowed to eat pork meat because it says so in the Bible! I didn't even know it said that so that question kind of stumped me. But then I learned that it's all about the law of Moses and about Christ.

Speaker of higher laws, are you SO excited for come follow me for families and individuals? We had a meeting about it last week and I'm so excited. It's going to do so much for missionaries and members and people being taught..... It's AMAZING and inspired. Even when it was first announced I thought that, but the more I learn, the more I love it.

On the power of healing through Christ:
That's a really good talk about people being healed and forgiven. I assume we're talking about the same one. We have a  person that we were teaching that is pretty mad about all this gas price stuff and this tax issue.... She always talks about how we live in a bad world, and she doesn't understand why God permits that. I was really sad for her, but maybe that talk would be a good one to send. I'm going to have to think about that question more. Didn't you read a book about that once? Why bad things happen to good people?


On fun with friends:
 Karaoke reminds me of when I did that with David and Jamie. That was fun! When all those Soeurs were over for the mission Conference, I met one who is good friends with David from home and then again at school. So funny! 
 
 
It was Elder Wood's, the Visitor Center President's birthday.

No comments: