Saturday 29 December 2018

Post Christmas Email

Sorry that call was so short! I was really trying to keep it to the 30-40 minutes that President wanted us to. But that was hard!

I realized I forgot to say a big thank you for my presents. I appreciated them so much and I was so happy to open them. It made me feel right at home. Thanks so much for the dress and the scarf! So beautiful and so French. You really nailed it. Also, I forgot that I had even asked for dried mangoes, so when I opened it I  gasped because I was so happy and surprised! 

I wanted to tell you more that I love you all lots and I miss you lots. I don't think very often about missing you because we're busy and there's lots here to work on, but I do. I pray for you all lots. I just felt so overwhelmed by the time constraints that I didn't even think to say all the things that I wanted to say. But I want you to know I love you all so much. 

I also want you to know that while I've been on my mission, I've learned a lot already! I've learned that Heavenly Father is there for us and He hears us. I've learned about how much He loves us. It's amazing how our hearts keep growing as we serve others and understand His love for them. I'm like, does this ever stop? But I don't think it does! His love for us, all His children, is perfect and unconditional. He is sad when we go through hard things. He wants the best for us. I think all other aspects wherein my testimony has grown are included in that statement, Heavenly Father loves us. 

I also wanted to tell you a bit about how it's been being in a trio. It's been hard. I'm happy to be able to help but man, sometimes helping others is a lot of work. It's been pretty cool though how in times where I feel like I can't go on for one more minute, I can literally feel the holy ghost comforting me and telling me that I can go on. I can even go on for TWO more minutes instead of one. I hope that in the moments where you feel like you can't go on for one more second, you can ask for that help. I know you'll get it. 

Also, I forgot to ask about Maren's wedding! Whats going on? 

Also I want to hear more funny stories from you! And about news years resolutions... everything!

Here's some cool pictures of our raclette dinner. 

Jill

*There were no pictures* LOL



No comments: