Tuesday 26 June 2007

Good Bye Scott

Today was my cousin, Scott's funeral. It was nice to go and see everyone. I'm still feel a lot of unresolved feelings though. I feel sad that we did not keep in touch better the past 20 years. I got to meet Scott's partner, David, for the first time. I feel sad that Scott kept that part of his life hid. Of course, I can understand why - but I still feel sad that he felt like he couldn't share his life with us. I'm sure he was afraid people would be too judgmental - which they are.

Besides Nickee, I probably did more with Scott than any of my cousins. Scott worked in Kelowna many summers. We worked together in the motel and at the travel agency. We went on a couple trips together too. He was always so funny and entertaining. He was also really meticulous and hard working. But most of all he was my friend. I've missed him a lot the past few years - and I'll continue to miss him.

No comments: