Thursday 14 June 2007

Honesty Lessons

Tonight was Jill's last Activity Day night of this school year. Peirce and I played on the piano at the church while we waited for her. Afterwards we all went over to the library so Jill could get some videos for her sleepover tomorrow night. The library is having a reading program this summer all centered around pirates and treasure. They have a display with a treasure box and lots of treasure pouring out of the box. Peirce spent quite a lot of time admiring the display.

As we were leaving I noticed Peirce with his hand in his pocket and a sheepish look on his face. I did a little investigating and quickly found out he had taken some of the treasure from the treasure chest, so right back into the library we went. He cried and cried - but he did finally give it up and gave it back to the librarian. He wouldn't talk so I apologized for him. The librarian was really good and told her she's glad he returned it so other kids could see the treasure too and then went on to tell him about the reading program.

Recently there haven't been a lot of opportunities to reward really good behavior with him - so after he did that, on the way home I announced we were going to stop at the corner store to get a treat to celebrate Peirce being honest. He was thrilled.

The best part though was tonight when he said his prayers. He said: "Jesus (he always talks to Jesus in prayer instead of Heavenly Father) I stole some treasures tonight and then I was honest and took them back and so I hope that I can have some treasure for a prize when they have the pirate reading game this summer. That would be a miracle and I deserve it because I was honest."

LOL

What a kid.

No comments: