Sunday 24 June 2007

Ladies Fest

This weekend Jill and I went to Lethbridge. The adventure started Friday by taking the Greyhound to Lethbridge. Jill thought that was GREAT. When we got to Lethbridge we went right to the hotel and went to bed because we had to be up early the next day for the Ladies Fest Fun Run.

This is all of us at the beginning of the race. There's my mom, my niece Taylor, Jill, Aunt Marvelle, my sister Gaylene, and me!



Jill thought we were too slow so she took off. My BIL took this picture and she said to him she didn't know where anyone was. He said, "Who cares! Just go for it!" So she did. :0)


After the race they had a brunch in the Lethbridge Lodge. They also had a speaker and awards. The speaker was a woman named Sylvie (whose last name I forget!) that represented Canada in the Olympics. She had set a goal at age 15 to go to the Olympics and did it. She talked about having goals and working through set-backs and such. It was really terrific talk.

Jill got an award for being the youngest runner!


This is all of us after the race - not too worse for wear!


Today we're a little sore...and tired...but glad we did it. :0)

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

That looks like fun! Way to go! And I'm happy to see that facebook has not made you neglect your blogging ;)