Sunday 7 September 2008

New Perspectives on Eternity


Today we got to attend the blessing of our new little niece, Hannah. Hannah is going to be a really interesting little girl and I sure look forward to getting to know her better. It was wonderful to spend the day with family after watching Allen and his brothers and dad participate in the baby blessing. I think this may have been the first time that he was able to do that with both his brothers and his dad. I never really felt like baby blessings were that big a deal, but I have a new appreciation and love for those new little babies that have the opportunity to be blessed. The thinness of the veil seems all the more real every time I see a baby blessed now. My heart feels full of a new kind of joy and sad all at the same time. It sure would have been fun to raise two little girls together. I have a feeling though that Hannah and Destiny know each other quite well. I am quite sure they do....and I love that.

No comments: