Saturday 29 December 2012

Small Improvements

Last night I volunteered at a hockey game at the Saddledome. The Flames organization has a program where you volunteer in the concessions and the money goes towards sports or school trips. I have done it for about a year off and on at Flames games, Hitmen Games, Stamps games, Roughneck games and concerts. It is a pretty sweet deal.

It has probably been 6 months since I have volunteered at at game at the Saddledome. Last night when I was there I realized I have come a long ways in fitness. There are two long flights of stairs and then about 4 shorter sets of stairs you have to climb up to get to the concessions. When I worked games there before I would get extremely winded going up the stairs. Often I would stop in the bathroom or wander a bit just so I wouldn't be so out of breath when I arrived in the concession. Last night I was late and I hurried up the stairs. Actually, I ran. Then I went straight to the concession. I was breathing a little heavy, but nothing embarrassing or worth going to hide for a few minutes to compose myself.

This was a great moment for me! I AM getting better! It motivates me to continue on.