Sunday 9 July 2017

Summer Vacation Day 9/54 Sunday

I went to church alone today. Peirce got home really late and didn't get up on time and Allen was up in the night when he realized our kids weren't home, so he wasn't up to going. Thanks to them getting home so late they got a whole new curfew. Midnight it is!!

I got to teach Relief Society today. The lesson was on living the gospel. It was called Obedience: Simply Live the Gospel. I was torn whether that meant 'do it darn it!' or to live it simply without complicating things. I tend to think it was the latter. I enjoyed the discussions. I always enjoy it when I get to teach.

I made a great dinner! Hamburger and potatoes (a staple and favorite around here), coldslaw and mint and feta watermelon salad. It was really good!





Dessert was even better though. It was called Strawberry Lasagna. I loved it so much!



It has been hot hot hot lately. I'm totally unmotivated to do anything when it's so hot. It's supposed to rain some this next week. Let's hope it does!


No comments: