Wednesday 25 December 2019

Merry Christmas!

Life sure is different from when our kids were little. No one was up before 9 am today. I had some lovely quiet time sitting by the tree, prepping breakfast, and just relaxing. This year I made overnight French Toast. I was always leery of stuff like that. How could bread that has soaked in milk all night be good? I had visions of it being goopy. Blech. It wasn't though. It was delicious!



Once again, there was an abundance of gifts to open. We are pretty lucky!






 I got a beautiful new purse. I'll feel so fancy using it!
Frank has a thing about Santa hats. He thinks they are a toy!


We had a great dinner: turkey, stuffing, lots of veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy. Dessert was apple crisp. I was going to make a pie, but I really should have done it the day before. There was not enough time on Christmas day. It was delicious though!

There were more games.







In the evening we went to a movie. This has become our tradition on the evening of Christmas Day. It's a great way to relax. We rarely go to a movie as an entire family, so it's fun to do that together on Christmas Day. This year Tony bought the tickets. Thank you Tony!


No comments: