Sunday 1 December 2019

Mission Complete! ....almost

I have great regrets over my lack of blogging. Once missionaries were allowed to call home, I really fell off the wagon with blogging about Jill's mission. Now this week she is coming home! I have decided to recommit to daily blogging. I've felt a longing for it lately. 

When Jill left, I decided I was going to also make it MY best 18 months ever. I'm not so sure I can say that it was though. It's not that anything bad or not good has happened, but I can't say it's been totally the significant time of growth like I hoped it would be for me. That just reminds me again that nothing really compares to a mission. You can't replicate it even if you really try. 

Jill has always been that kid who was excited about each new step. She made being a mom easy because I never worried about her being nervous or scared about things. There were no tears when she started kindergarten or grade one and life has kind of continued like that. I have never been able to watch those videos of kids coming home and hugging their moms without crying though. We will see how things go at the airport. Bottom line: I'm excited for her to be home.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready or if I'm nervous or if I have done everything to be ready for you to be home...and I'm like, "Well, I think so." I'm not nervous. I will clean the bathroom, change the sheets, take the vacuum out of her room and put it back in the basement. ....not sure what else I'm supposed to do. LOL I'll try and get the tree up (if only I could find the extra bulbs that will make the entire string of lights work....argh!) 

Bottom line: Allen and I are just super proud of her. It is almost like  she was
 built for this mission experience. I'm so happy it was such a positive experience. It isn't always positive for everyone - but it can be SO great when it is great.  I am confident that Jill will come home with confidence and the  spirit of peace she so often possesses.  I love that she has spent so much time at the Paris, France temple. She will have a perspective on the temple that will be rare. I'm so happy for her!

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.

No comments: