Monday 1 December 2008

FHE Job Charts

Last week at Activity Days Jill made a FHE Job Chart. I always thought those were just nice decorations...not really that useful. However, it made a difference in our FHE tonight! Normally I plan and run the whole FHE. This time we did all my ideas, but everyone felt like they were contributing a little more. :0)

After we finished dinner I was checking the job chart and mentioned to Allen he was in charge of the lesson. He groaned and so I suggested he start us off on our Christmas Jar (a jar that has a scripture to read each day that all have something to do with the life of Christ and his love for us). Then Peirce asked what his job was. He was in charge of treats. He had a look of alarm and so I whispered in his ear, "Why don't you go get your Halloween candy and we can have some of that?" He was thrilled. Jill was in charge of the activity....and so she decided we should play name that tune with Christmas songs. I was in charge of conducting and prayers. Love that job!

The interesting thing is that we did all the things I had planned we would do - but with each of the kids having an assignment you could see that they were enjoying the responsibility. It made it all better! Our FHE was still quite simple....but I dare say it was one of the best we have had in a while! We'll definitely continue with the FHE job chart!

No comments: