Thursday 4 December 2008

Grade One Missionary Work?

Last Sunday the guy on High Council in charge of missionary work spoke in our ward. I found his talk quite inspiring and I had a renewed effort to simply be a better person and possibly, as a result, a better member missionary.

Then I didn't think about it again.

(oops)

Until today. I volunteered in Peirce's class. They were doing a painting project (how to add a crazy twist to your day....paint with 16 6 and 7 year olds!) We were only about five minutes into the fun when a bunch of kids starting talking about church. "I never go to church." "I always go to church with my Grandma." "I go to church every Christmas." Then they turned to me and asked, "Why do you go to church?" I was kind of taken back. What should I say to a bunch of little kids? Is it okay to say anything? Do I bear my testimony? NAH! Finally I collected myself and said, "Why do you think I go to church?" Without looking up from his painting one kid answered, "To learn about God."

Yup. You're right. To learn about God.

I thought it was kind of crazy that it took me so off guard. Guess I better try to do a little more thinking about missionary work each day....just like that guy on Sunday encouraged us to.

No comments: