Monday 2 July 2012

You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl was a book I just ran across in the library and figured it looked fun. It is by Celia Rivernbark. I read this book on our three hour trip to our family reunion. Well, almost read it all. I had to go sneak off to my room to finish it off when we got there.

At first I had a hard time getting into it. I had this fight going on inside my head that I should have picked a book that was more meaningful, would help me learn something or accomplish something. However, after a few chapters of smirks and chuckles I forgot about all that and enjoyed the laughs. It's a hilarious book! She's a southern girl without the southern girl rules of what nice girls say. Love it!


There were so many times when things would come up at the reunion that reminded me of humor from this book. I can't help looking at Chico without wondering what he would tweet in that moment. There's plenty of fun made at US politician dirt bags who have no morals, most of whom I think I heard about in the news but didn't bother keeping in my memory bank. I will never be able to look at Hello Kitty the same again, and single Asian guys will not garner any sympathy - well, maybe a little. Then there's the perspective on parents at elementary science fairs....you have to read it. Hilarious!

2/58

No comments: