Thursday 28 February 2013

8 Months of Walking

I have now officially been a regular exerciser for 8 months. Go figure?!

I feel like I have really come a long way. I started because I realized I was getting really unhealthy. Parts of me were starting to wear out. I was  uncomfortably heavy (I can't quite say the f-a-t word....hate it). I was always too tired. I really had to change something.

The irony is that when I first started walking, I'd have to go back to bed when I got home. I started in July. I walked with a friend each morning. She walked way further than I ever would have - which was a good thing. It pushed me to do more sooner, and I think it expanded my horizons a bit. I was a little worried about how I'd continue when school started up again - but lucky for us we were still a one car family at that point. Most people wouldn't think that is very lucky - but it gave me the chance to walk. Allen did all the running around with kids after school and I'd walk home from school (well, most days). It has honestly been life changing.

This is what the numbers have looked like over the past 8 months:

I love looking at that graph. I look at it a few times every day actually (I know. I know....neurotic!) I kind of hoped that by now I'd be able to say I'd lost some wonderful amount of weight. I haven't. I have, however, lost almost 20 pounds! That is quite exciting. And really, over 8 months, that isn't that bad. It's better than not having lost it!

I have a friend who posts on Facebook quite regularly to keep me accountable, and I do the same for her. This month we are both going to try to do 100 km. I know I can do it! And the best part is, it's going to feel so great. I'm proud to say I really am an exerciser!

No comments: