Wednesday 16 January 2008

Lovin' Reading!!

I'm starting to see some real great benefits in this homeschooling lifestyle we're leading. One thing for sure is that Jill and Peirce and I all seem to be doing a lot more reading. I'm thrilled with Peirce's progress. He and I have been doing a program that teaches kids to read using the Book of Mormon. At first he'd whine and fool around and do whatever he could to get out of doing it - but now he's realized it's a snap and knows that if he doesn't fool around it's finished quite quickly. He's also been playing some great games like Starfall and Reading Heroes. They're both great places for learning to read!

Jill has been writing about books she's read on her blog. It's worth checking out! Jill just wrote about The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (by Kate DiCamillo...the same author that wrote WinnDixie!). We're reading that for the parent-child book club at the library. I'm not quite finished but I've decided I'm going to start over and read it out loud with Peirce. I think it's one of those books that is going to become a classic. You should check it out!

No comments: