Friday 8 August 2008

Boy's Club

Allen and Peirce have this Boy's Club thing going on. Every now and then they take off and do something fun together. They even went and bought red ball caps and got them embroidered for Boy's Club and they wear their hats when they go on these excursions.


Tonight Jill is at a sleepover. I had sent Peirce to bed a number of times and he just wouldn't get to bed. We don't often have that problem....he's always just gone to bed when told. Tonight wasn't one of those nights. Finally he came to me with tears in his eyes and said, "Mom, I hate it when Jill isn't home. I just don't feel right when she's not home." So we talked, had a snuggle, we went over all the fun things we have to do tomorrow, we put a picture of Jill by his bed...but nothing helped....until finally Allen said, "Hey! This is a great night for Boy's Club!" They decided tonight was a great night to do something they've been planning to do all summer: sleep out on the trampoline.




I just love my husband. What a great dad he is!





Update: 20 minutes later this is what happened



They didn't like sleeping under the lightning going on out there. I checked weather.ca and it says we wont' have rain until 6 am...they decided they'd rather sleep inside anyway.

Oh well! Good thing it's a flexible club!

No comments: