Wednesday 6 August 2008

Low Carb??? Pfffft! Who Cares?!!! You Should Try This!!

I've been thinking lately that I need to go back to making bread. With the rising cost of flour good bread is getting more and more expensive...more than I want to pay for it anyway. I don't like cheap bread and the good bread is more than I want to pay. Besides, I have Nana's Bosche mixer and it's almost sacreligious to let that just sit in the cupboard. I also have Mom's wheat grinder so I can even grind my own wheat for it....which makes the most divine bread!!

So tonight I got started on the bread-making pursuit. I used my Nana Hyde's recipe for brown buns and made four loaves of bread and 15 buns. (Only I made it with mostly white flour...I had to whisper that or Nana would roll over in her grave...I promise I'll pull out the wheat grinder next time Nana!)

When J&P were at Grandma Camp they went to a hutterite colony and for a treat they gave them a bun with icing and pecans on it....so we tried that with our buns.


Oh. My. Goodness.

I definitely have a new favorite treat to indulge in. AMAZING!!


....the Provident Pantry people in my stake would be so proud of me. I didn't have to run to the store for any of this...and I could do it again tomorrow. (But I really shouldn't) ......but maybe I will :0) Or maybe I should just run to the store with my own two feet....I might need to do that actually.

1 comment:

Shirley Wilson said...

Nanna is watching you!!! BEWARE!!!!

nano nano nano.

Auntie Shirley