Tuesday 19 August 2008

Peaches Peaches Peaches

Wow! Today I dug into the task of getting my 100 pounds of peaches canned. My goodness that is a lot of work!! I actually only got half way through them. I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow when my back and my legs are rested again. :0) I can't complain though. Apparently Carmen and Nana canned peaches too - with 6 kids around. Eeeek!

That's 32 jars!! YOWZA!!!



NEXT: More apples sauce, and then pears!! (Somewhere in there I need to find some picking cucumbers too)

2 comments:

Kim Hawryluk said...

YUM! I haven't taken a picture of my jars yet...I should do that and post it up. Have you tasted yours yet? I should crack open a jar - I only sampled as we put them in the jars! ha!

Dawn said...

Oh ya....I think we've averaged a jar every 2 days so far. Hopefully the novelty wears off soon or we won't even make it to Christmas! LOL
They were really good peaches, weren't they - nice and big and easy to peel. Love that!